Humans express themselves through speech. Making arguments is one of the ways of expression. Arguments can also be through essay speech write-ups. It is an avenue that is important to students. A good Argumentative essay leaves a reader questioning their opinion. Some even change their standpoint. The topic articulation has to capture the mood and entice readers to go through the work. Subjects can cover issues experienced in everyday life, political, social, and economic aspects. It is also essential to do enough research on the topic. People may have different opinions about different subjects. Here are some subject ideas.
Education Essay subjects
The education sector keeps evolving. The subjects affect everyone, and every person has a different experience. Here are some topics in education.
- Should schools sanction vending machines?
- How is the education of a child affected by their parents’ poverty?
- Why are policy markers emphasizing on STEM education
- Gender effects on education
- Traditional discipline: does it work on learners?
- Is homeschooling disadvantageous to learners?
Parenting Essay Subjects
Each parent has an idea of what measures to take when their kids are growing up. Here are different ideas that bring about arguments.
- Is paternity leave valuable?
- Getting childcare costs lowered in the USA
- What are the best parenting methods?
- Different parenting methods parents can get from each other across different cultures
- How are literacy skills affected by successful parenting?
- Public breastfeeding: is it acceptable?
Women’s Issues Subjects
Modern women have come out to fight for equality. Many activists and scholars do not feel like they have achieved equality yet. Hence there are many topics one can write about in their essay.
- Abortion: is it lawful?
- Should religious establishments provide contraceptive methods for female employees?
- Should women use the emergency contraceptive pill?
- Should employers pay male and female employees equally?
- Is legal prostitution considered a females’ rights issue?
- What challenges do women face in their places of work?
- Is maternity leave too long or too short?
Legal Essay Subjects
Many people may differ with various laws put into place. Law keeps evolving, and people have different opinions. Here are some topics on law issues.
- Should the legalization of marijuana go through?
- Should individuals choose whether they want to live or die?
- What should the legal drinking age be?
- Should the law enforce hash punishment on doping athletes?
- Should religious establishments not pay taxes?
- Is the death sentence justified?
- Should prisoners vote after imprisonment?
Technology Essay Subjects
Technology has advanced, and the modern world depends on it. But, apart from making work easier, some people are cautious of today’s technology. Here are some technology argumentative topics.
- Is society depending more on technology? Is it making society dumber?
- Should schools allow the use of smartphones?
- Effects of technology on child development
- Has technology killed print media?
- Has technology rendered manual labor redundant?
Culture and Society Essay subjects
Nothing is flawless, and we only try to make the best of what we have. The main challenge is, people’s thoughts differ. Here are some excellent argumentative topics.
- Is sex education necessary in public schools?
- Is affirmative action necessary?
- Is it possible to rehabilitate sex offenders?
- Should the Electoral Institution go away?
- Should the USA have an official language?
Choosing a topic that you are enthusiastic about makes it easier to write your essay. Seeking professional help is also crucial while writing and researching about an argumentative subject. The topics above are perfect for getting you started.
For opinion essays, you should state your thoughts on the issue you are discussing and bolster it with relevant facts and examples. All problems you have robust feelings about can be an acute opinion essay topics. However, like choosing any topic, critical opinion essay topics can be challenging to identify; hence writing the essay becomes a nightmare. The following list contains suggested topics for an acute opinion essay.
- The lawful age for taking alcohol should go down. Do you accept this suggestion?
- Modern culture is an existential threat to childhood. Critique this statement
- Is the practice of rewarding students with good grades and punishing one bad grade effective?
- They say older people can learn from young people. What can your grandparents learn from you?
- They say the sky is the opportunity. What problems can your school principal improve to make school life more bearable?
- The conditions in your town can improve. What matters can the town clerk of your town address
- Apart from defending the sovereignty of a country, military forces can help the community in exceptional circumstances. In your views, what are these circumstances?
- Our country is moving in the wrong direction. Is this statement agreeable with your opinion?
- Poor and rich people have treated indifferently by the criminal justice system. Is this statement congenial with your opinion?
- The rich people in our society ought to pay more taxes to contribute to our economy’s growth. Is this statement suitable for your opinion?
- The death penalty is a needed punishment in exceptional cases. Is this statement congenial with your opinion?
- The perceptions of sports gambling are controversial. What is your view of this kind of betting?
- A concession is a signal of weakness. Is this statement agreeable with your opinion?
- Currently, schools fail to motivate students to be innovative. Explain the probable cause for this scenario.
- An examination is not the best way to assess a student’s mastery of content. Is this statement agreeable with your opinion?
- Unemployed youth have taken to sports betting with pomp, and this behavior will lead to lazy generation. Is this statement congenial with your opinion?
- If you want to cover syllabus content, on-time school days ought to be longer. Is this statement suitable for your opinion?
- Schools tend to use ineffective techniques to punish misbehaving students. Which disciplinary methods will you suggest to schools?
- We should review primary and secondary school curriculum. What is your suggestion to the review board?
- Overuse of technology, especially social medial platforms, instant messaging services, and video conferencing platforms, make us lonely. Is this statement agreeable with your opinion?
- Research shows that smoking is a grave problem among teenagers. How can we help these teenagers?
- People fail to listen to each other nowadays because they think they know everything. Why and how does this happen
- As a people, we should strive to address our issues head-on and avoid complaining. Is this statement agreeable with your opinion?
- They say hard work is more significant than talent. Is this statement congenial with your opinion?
- The gap between the poor and the rich widens; this creates many social problems, especially insecurity. Is this statement suitable for your opinion?
The above topics are the best way to write an excellent essay—all the best in your writing.
Narrative essays or speeches are some of the most common types of literature assigned to students. They normally entail writing a story based on one’s past experiences. In order to engage the readers, you can opt to use anecdotes which would make the story more relatable to them. Using emotional intrigue is another brilliant way to ensure that your audience is thoroughly entertained. There are various ways a writer can achieve this but perhaps the easiest method is through the use of humor, sarcasm, or even using a serious tone. Also, employing plenty of vivid descriptions is a sure-fire way of livening your essay.
A good narrative essay has to have three basic elements; they have a central theme, a clear timeline for every event, and plenty of details to support the main points. It’s not uncommon to encounter lengthy narrative essays which can be a couple of pages long; nevertheless, these essays can just be as short and still maintain their relevance. Five paragraphs are enough to make a narrative essay effective. The structure of these pieces of literature still conforms to the general essay outline. Here’s a brief description of the outline of narrative essays have.
The Introductory Paragraph
This is the opening clause of your essay which consists of the hook and the thesis statement. The main purpose of the hook is to grab the attention of your readers; In order to create a good hook, be sure to use quotes or facts that’ll ignite the interest of your readers. To end your introductory paragraph, provide some information on what your story is based on.
The Body Paragraphs
This is the core of your essay, usually made up of at least three paragraphs. It’s where you share relevant details and arguments that support the entire essay.
The Concluding Paragraph
This is the last paragraph of your narrative where you should summarize the important details you presented in the body.
Possible Essay Topics
Many people find it hard to select the appropriate topic to write on. To help you get started, here are a few narrative essay topics you can use in your writing.
- An experience that shaped your character when growing up
- The moment you discovered your parents were right
- A description of a place you like to relax in private
- A tragedy that you narrowly escaped
- The most memorable trip you went on as a child
- A bucket list adventure you’d love to take
- The thing that you can’t survive without
- Your dream career
- An event that changed your perspective on life
- An unforgettable trip
- A mortifying experience
- The first or last time at school or work
- A devastating meeting presentation
- A terrifying experience
Narrative essays are some of the most interesting articles to write. Once you properly understand its structural requirements and the purpose it intends to achieve, the process of writing it becomes effortless. If you encounter any problem when writing such essays, using the principles mentioned above can greatly help you with your writing.